Had some lovely little things that made me happy this week!
1. My husband and I went birdwatching yesterday and he happened to look inside a hollow tree to see if there were birds in it. The little brown eyes that blinked back at him didn’t belong to a bird however!
Little cutie sugar glider!
2. Yesterday I decided to go to the new supermarket that just opened up. And they had gorgeous little bunches of jonquils. So I had to buy one (naturally!), and now I have beautiful flowers decorating my house and smelling lovely and just making me generally happy!
3. Last night my husband noticed the floor was dirty and vacuumed it! Without even a hint from me! Miracles happen! And that makes me very happy indeed!
4. This morning I found that one of my recipes has been pinned several times on Pinterest! Put a big smile on my face!
5. I know I’m only supposed to do four but the sunshine today is just so lovely it deserves a mention too! It’s been so nice and warm – shame I didn’t think to do washing while it’s sunny! (Although, knowing my luck it would probably have poured with rain if I had done washing.)
So that’s some of my happy things from the last week (although they’re mostly centred on the last 2 days!). Can you find any little things to be happy about today?
Shortly after writing my post on joy in little things I accidentally stumbled across this blog post. And I decided to join in. The idea is to share 4 little things that have made you happy in the last week for 52 weeks. So here goes!
1. Coming in at number one is the awesome T-shirt I found while shopping on Friday afternoon. I had been on prac at the zoo all morning (starting at 6:30am, ugh), so by the time I finished the grocery shopping (Read as: trying to get food without being killed by numerous, crazy, and sometimes inconsiderate shoppers) I was well and truly worn out. My feet were sore, my back was sore, and I just wanted to go home and sleep. But I had parked miles away (due to the numerous other shoppers beating me to the good parking spots!) and had to walk past quite a few other shops before I got to my car. And as I walked, the aforementioned shirt caught my eye – it was just a regular T-shirt, nothing special – until you saw the word ‘WIFEY’ printed across the front in big letters! I was so excited! A definite must-have! So I bought it and my husband was suitably impressed.
2. In second place is the set of 3 pineapple doilies (crocheted to sell to a friend), that I FINALLY finished last night! Feels like I’ve been working on them forever and it makes me happy to see them all done! Here they are, all finished and wrapped, ready to go to their new home.
3. At number 3, I have finally started my birding album on Facebook! (I am a member of a Facebook birding group that is currently running a ‘Big Year’ type challenge – photograph as many different Aussie bird species as you can in the current financial year. Two weeks into the challenge and I finally have a start – 18 lovely little birdies in one Sabbath afternoon stroll! I know I am way behind the serious bird-watchers in the group, but at least I’m having fun!
My favourite shot of the day!
4. And my last happy thing would be the washing bobbing happily on the line. And the clean dishes. (Considering I have barely done dishes in the last couple of days, I am quite proud of the amazing transformation of the kitchen!) After being on prac all week it is great to have time to wash and clean!